<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 24, 2004

The Return of the Rain

The almighty water falling from the sky returned today and seems to be here for another extended stay. While it's nice to get a substantial amount of rain here in June, I would still prefer a shower every now and then instead of these week-long pour spells. Ah well, not like my opinion makes any difference anyway...


This morning Mom had to leave for a doctor's appointment right after breakfast at 10:00, so Sara and I had the house to ourselves for the entire morning. And if it were a normal day, that would mean 3 straight hours of head-to-head UT2004. But since today was laundry day, and a dishwashing day, we had our hands full juggling those chores while Mom was gone. Luckily, it didn't take away too much from the time we spent "owning" each other in Unreal Tournament. As far as the Assault rounds went, I beat her 3 matches to 1. But in Deathmatch, I fell behind, only winning something like 2 games out of 5. She's says I'm improving though...

I had a burger for lunch while Sara and I watched TSS, and Mom got back around 1:30. At 2:00 she called me downstairs so the both of us could go over a book she had just bought recently about "Mastering the SAT". Since I'll be taking the PSAT this Fall, we are using this book to assess how prepared I am for it and identify my strong points and weaknesses. Tomorrow I'm doing to take the PSAT Diagnostic test to give us a general idea of where am I in this regard. I can't wait...

After putting in a good (and pretty much typical) hour of Call of Duty, all of us left the house at 3:30 for Mom's Chiropractor appointment. I listened to music on my iPod and read some more of Switching to the Mac. After she was finished, Mom was nice enough to treat us to some frozen custard from Shake's. I got the regular "concrete" with Butterfinger chunks mixed in. Heavenly...

We arrived at the Rec center about 30 minutes before 5:00, when Dad and I were scheduled to play racquetball. So we had some time to sit in the car. Around 15 minutes later, the rain moved in. The hardest section of it (driving rain and wind) blew through in about 5 minutes, after which it let up slightly. It was still raining as Dad pulled up, however, which made unloading the equipment from his truck and getting inside a bit tricky. We ended up playing 2 full rounds, winning one apeice. Both of us were sweating more than usual thanks to the humidity. On the drive home the rain was absent, thankfully...

This evening during dinner we watched Voyager, which happened to be an episode we hadn't seen before (or at least didn't remember). Sara and I then rounded up the trash and cat litter as we do every Thursday, and I then watched the Astros vs. Pirates game for about an hour before starting my blog.

Oh, an update on that LiveJournal thing: for some reason the LJ site was loading excruciatingly slow, and giving me numorous timeout errors. So I wasn't able to work on tweaking my LiveJournal at all today. Don't worry, I'm not abandoning it completely, though. I'll try again tomorrow.

And speaking of abandoning, the "new member" of Project Torlan (who seemed very promising as a vehicle converter) left the project tonight after we had a disagreement over one of the "extra features" he was adding to the converted Banshee. Before I could even talk about a compromise, he just left in a huff and blocked me on AIM. So the vehicle conversion part of the project has ended for now, and we're down to a single active member after another one quit recently (regarding the issue of whether Project Torlan was legal or not). At this point, the future of Project Torlan is looking pretty grim...

Goodnight, folks!
Comments:
I see you have comments. Congratulations. =]
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?